Monday, October 18, 2010

Let's Get Refreshed!!




Let's go out into the dry, barren desert, and come back refreshed...






"As Christians, we are called to convert our loneliness into solitude.  We are called to experience our aloneness not as a wound but as a gift--as God's gift--so that in our aloneness we might discover how deeply we are loved by God."
~ Henri Nouwen ~





 Zephaniah 3:17  The LORD your God is with you,
       he is mighty to save.
       He will take great delight in you,
       he will quiet you with his love,
       he will rejoice over you with singing."





We pray you all have had, or are going to have, a refreshing desert day, chalk full of Godly wisdom for your barren lands....we do all need Him to fill our cups, don't we?  I hope you have had a little "desert day" time this week at home, where you curl up in a chair and turn on your lamp to refresh yourself with His powerful life manual that we are so privileged to hold in our blessed little hands.



I enjoyed Sarah's teaching last week where we took a few moments to count our blessings.  I have so many, big and small, that I was not nearly done writing when the exercise was over!  As Sarah reminded us, "Our ordinary day may become another's life changing moment".....although I am guilty of sin, I am not counted among the wicked....thank you, Lord!!




 

Update on Duggar Idea:  Last week my husband and I started our bible study time with our son, and I am happy to report that it was great!  Granted, the boy did text a few times during....but it was our first one, so I will cut him a little break.  He was listening as my husband read....(for the most part) - so I am not going to complain about the little things at this point. 



 

In the News:

Next week, I am going to attempt my "interview" portion of the blog.  This will be featuring one discussion leader per week, so please be ready for my call hoping to get an interview with you.  I will be taking a photo and asking you some fun and thought provoking questions.   I can't wait to start, and I'm excited to chat with all of you.
I was asked last week if I am open to ideas for this blog, and my answer is of course, yes.  If you want to make a suggestion, please don't hesitate to email me at KimmyJill@aol.com.  I'd also like your favorite recipes.  Until I receive some I will continue with some great ones that I find.  I actually made the stuffed squash last week, and my family loved it!


 


Here is your Recipe of the Week!  Hope you all get a chance to try it! 


Pumpkin for breakfast is a treat way to start the day. Ready in minutes, this recipe is especially good topped with a drizzle of real maple syrup.

Ingredients:

1 medium egg
1 cup milk
¾ cup unbleached white flour
¾ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup cooked pumpkin
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch nutmeg
Pinch powdered ginger
2 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, as needed

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients except vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl, whisking to blend.

2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium skillet over medium. Add ¼ cup pancake batter at a time, allowing to cook until bubbles break around the edges. Flip and allow to cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes, until light golden. Repeat with remaining oil and batter.



And of course, after a little hard work in the kitchen, time for a little giggle....with Tim Hawkins....hee hee, he's hilarious!










Pearls of Wisdom for you.....


PEACE of MIND
Restlessness and impatience change nothing except our peace and joy. Peace does not dwell in outward things, but in the heart prepared to wait trustfully and quietly on Him who has all things safely in His hands.
- Elisabeth Elliot

LONELINESS
The soul hardly ever realizes it, but whether he is a believer or not, his loneliness is really a homesickness for God.
-Hubert van Zeller

BEAUTY
Think of all the beauty that's still left in and around you and be happy.
- Anne Frank



May the Lord refresh you as you embark on your desert day.......




Rom 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog Kim, it's all great; the pictures, videos, quotes, recipes and verses you choose. What a treat, thanks for taking the time to do it! Marie

    ReplyDelete